Saturday, January 16, 2010

The Hunt continues

Hello faithful readers, not much going on lately. I have been sitting back doing a lot of reflecting. Reflecting on my life, my direction in it, and everything else about it. I am still on the massive hunt for a job. For the past 2 months I have said that I am not going to settle for some stupid job that I am going to hate but that was 2 1/2 months ago and I have yet found my "close to or on the road to my dream job", so now here I sit with a wonder astronomical bill from Sallie Mae and I am forced to make a decision. The decision being continue to wait it out and have a debt collector call me or settle for whatever is available (not in my desired field). Well, since I would like to maintain my less than perfect but still decent credit rating I guess I am going for option number two. Come Monday morning I will be finding a local temp agencies and putting in my application. All of this considered I am not upset, no tears have been shed in the process of making this decision. Money aside, this staying home doing nothing but cooking is so boring and not my kind of life. I am a busy person, who likes to stay busy. During this borecation I have found that being trapped in your own thoughts for too long can be very boring. I have even started questioning my career choice (which is something that I love very much) but the thought of being rejected by one more company is driving me insane. Something has got to be done to our job market, companies beg for people to submit resumes and yet they do nothing. No REAL response back about even receiving it, just some generic automatic response of receipt. This is ridiculous! And to top it off, all these jobs that say that the possible needs to be filled immediately and then calls you back 7 MONTHS LATER, there has to be laws against this. I now know the true disappointments of job hunting! Well, less nagging and more hunting. God speed...

1 comment:

  1. The great thing about temp jobs is that they are only temporary. You can earn some $ while brushing up on admin skills & ride out the tidal wave economic 'downturn'. Soon the floodgates will open & jobs will start popping up. If it makes you feel any better, employers do the same things to career advisors, too! At least you've not been brought in for 2 interviews at Crawford, only to be told they don't hire outside people!!

    ReplyDelete