Friday, January 22, 2010

Checking it off

Today I can officially check off not smoking on my list of resolutions. I have reached my 21 day mark! Yay me! Today will also be a test of my strength and resistance. I am hanging out with my friend for the weekend and well she is a smoker. This should be fun, :( 
I am so looking forward to a weekend out and about. I haven't really done much since New Years. I have been in my little bubble and I am starting to get too comfortable in it. I am pretty excited about going and working with the homeless tomorrow too. I have a fairly decent size group coming with me. I find that when I am the most down and out that helping others just seems to really lift my spirits and makes me feel so much better.
On another note: the whole Vegan Fast thing is going a lot better. I guess my body has finally adjusted to the strange things I am eating. It's amazing that by eliminating sweets and meats I have ten times the energy that I had before. 
I finally feel like things are starting to be on the up and up. I feel like I am starting to really move on from my past.

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on this milestone. I read your next post where you took a puff and in my mind, you've quit. It would be one thing if you picked it back up again but you were revolted by the puff you took. You made it. CONGRATS!

    ReplyDelete