Thursday, December 9, 2010

Things to Come

Howdy folks,


In doing much thought about this past year and the new year to come I have looked over this years resolutions to see how well I have done and honestly what things I need to cram in last minute to check off, lol. So going through the list:


1) Move on with my life and put the past behind me. - Yeah I pretty much feel like I have this one down. I laugh at most of the past and have learned my lessons from it. CHECK
2) Get a job - Well I did get a job, not in love with it. So I started my own business and that I am happy about. It is everything I wanted. It allows me to CHECK off this one!
3) Quit Smoking- this one was checked a while ago, even though I haven't been perfect. This one is CHECKED
4) Losing an anonymous amount of weight- Well I am still battling this one. I lost weight, I gained weight, I lost it again. I guess because I didn't put a number to what I wanted, I didn't really commit to it. So this one is still not checked,  FAIL :(
5) Meet new people- I have definitely met many people. I have new, great friendships and just plain and simple met some really interesting people! CHECK
6) Find real joy in life and stop taking advantage of the wonderful moments everyday- Pretty sure I have this one down. I have never felt so happy with my life. Even though there are definitely moments of sadness, I realized that's life. You can't be happy ALL the time, but 99% is pretty good. There will always be someone who will say something mean or put you down and it's okay to be upset but not to hold onto those feelings. CHECK
7) Be more adventurous- Yeah I think rushing getting a birth certificate, passport, and ticket, then jetting off to Italy with less than 3 weeks notice qualifies as being more adventurous! CHECK 
8) Do more for others- Well over the past year I have been working every month with an organization that helps the homeless. It has been one of the most rewarding experiences and the thing I look forward to. CHECK
9) Working on my temper-Lord knows I really have trying to work on this one with little success. I mean seriously, I just blew up at my office printer! Not to make excuses but it really did have it coming! But on the a positive note, at least I am finding humor in it. FAIL :(
10) Stop being selfish and start being selfless- I think I had made some definite improvements on this one. It's an on going one but I'm going to CHECK it off the list.
11) Write more- Another one that I have been back and forth with. While in Italy I did tons of writing but I must admit I have not made it a priority in my life. KINDA CHECKED
12) To stay focused on my goals!- I have set my goals and stayed pretty focused on them, for the most part. CHECK



PART 2 of this blog- Looking to the future.
As I was seriously bored one day at work, I went through and reread all, yes I said ALL, of my old blogs. Mostly just to see what progress I had made. I was pretty proud of the accomplishments I had made over the past year. This whole thing was a stretch for me and tested me in so many ways. I find myself living too much in the comfortable zone and that's just not good enough for me any more! So in looking over what I have done I also saw the things that I needed to work on for next year. Of course all the things from this years list applies for next year as well. It's funny, I was reading one of my friend's Facebook status and he was talking about doing some self renovations. When I started this project for me is was just for intention of doing some fixes but turned out I started a massive renovation. If you have even been involved in a renovation you know that once you start making minor changes you see ALL the things that you want to change and it snowballs. For once I'm not afraid of the snowball of changes I want to make to my life. I am actually excited about them. I have not sat down and thoroughly thought out next years renovation list but we still have a good part of December to go before really making that list. Until then lets see if I can check off those last little things on my list! 


Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment