Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Looking to the future

All I have to say is what a week it has been. An awesome one at that. It has been full of so much joy, love, and emotion. The church I have been working with had it's annual youth conference and the guy I have been working for had the daunting task of creating all these videos and printed material for the conference and my job was to assist him in whatever capacity that I could, well mission accomplished. We produced some wonderful videos. Also during the conference because of the snow we were down 2 cameras and a camera person, so all the conference shooting was left up to me. I have never been so excited about running around with a camera. Needless to say the conference went off great and I got tons of footage to use. Because of all that went all I ended the week pretty exhausted. 
Today I worked with some of the girls from the halfway-like house that my mom works with teaching them about cover letters, resumes, and interview preparation. The class went really well. I was pretty proud of all that I had accomplished this past week. Doing all of this has really created more of a passion in me to do things like this. I have for a while wanted to teach but not necessarily in a classroom environment. In thinking about that it I started to think about what I want to do with my life. If anyone knows me they know that I am full of random information, I love doing research and looking things up (I am weird and I find that fun). It has been on my heart to start a business. All of this said I started to think about what type of business I wanted to have. I already have my Vaughn Agency name registered and all that jazz. Originally it was for a Casting Agency but I am leaning away from that and I have something else in mind. I love working with people and businesses and I started to think about how I could do that for a living and decided that being an image consultant is perfect for me. This isn't just a personal image consultant that helps you decide what to wear but a more deeper version of that. I want to help businesses and people learn how to market themselves. So many people are only business-minded and have a difficult time thinking about creative ways to build their business or even get their business launch and I am great at those things. I am good with commercial ideas, web design, color schemes, all kinds of things that would help grow a business. So I have decided that's what I want the Vaughn Agency to be all about. Now I am not exactly sure how to get the clients but I am doing some of this on a small scale. 
So what do you all think? This is a great time for some advice...

2 comments:

  1. I think it's a great idea, Jennie. I see you in a teaching-mentoring role. Goes right along with the Producer in you. Let me know if I can assist you in any way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't lie, you love to research just so you can show people up :-p haha jk girl, love ya. It's wonderful to hear you had such an awesome week! I know you are very professional and will succeed with whatever you chose!

    Julianna

    ReplyDelete